Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2007

11/14 Still Without a Voice

Kind of sounds like a political cause or something, doesn't it? hehe But it is true. I am well into day 4 without a voice and I am about to go buggy! :-) Over the weekend it wasn't too difficult to keep quiet, but now that I am in school it is more difficult. Partly because I teach music. Partly because I just have a lot to say and now it all has to build up inside of me. If I don't get my voice back soon, my head just might explode from all of the information that is not coming out of my mouth.

Makes me wonder, hhhmmmmm. Is this the only way God could get me to shut up? If so, what might he be teaching me through this stuff? To listen? To hold my tongue? To allow Him to work while I sit by quietly and trust? Surely God wouldn't need to teach me any of those things!! hehe

And this is a good time to learn. There is a lot of struggle at work right now. I kept wondering what was wrong with me. Everytime we would get together to pray for Nightlife community, I couldn't get my mind off of the school. I think now I might see why. For confidentiality reasons I can't say much, but it is like the entire school has been thrown into the fire - and it is hot! I am one of two teachers without a voice and we are probably among the best off right now. Sitting quietly and praying quietly while I am watching all of this going around me is certainly a challenge.

Anyway, I need to go teach, but thanks for letting me "talk" with you all for a while! :-)

No comments: