Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2007

General Update 1/21

As I entered the date, I realized that I put a REALLY wrong date on my tithe check today. I think I dated it January 16. Did I miss a week somewhere? Apparently.

So what is happening with me? Well, we have started the 3rd quarter at WNA. It should be a fun quarter as I am attempting to teach instruments to all my classes. Kindergarten and 1st grade are learning to read rhythm cards. They did quite well with the quarter notes and rests. This week I will throw half notes and rests into the mix and see how they do. By the end of the quarter they will be playing basic rhythm instruments. 2nd and 3rd grade are playing glockenspiels (I never spell that word correctly, but it is German and means "strike the bells.) That is fun. For them it is fun to get to hit something and make noise. For me it is fun that they are reading musical notes to know which bells to hit! 4th and 5th grades are playing the dreaded recorders. Their parents will love me this quarter! 6th grade is playing the ukulele, which is the most interesting class since I myself really don't know how to play the ukulele. I am picking up tips here and there and trusting that my violin and guitar experience pays off! 7th and 8th grade are practicing reading notes using a variety of instruments and the music to one of the songs for our Spring Worship Musical. We are only two weeks into the quarter, but I am happy so far.

I have been absolutely inundated with dreams as of late. I try to journal them in the morning. Sometimes they are vivid and clear, but not always. I wake up with them in my head, but sometimes I am just so tired I fall back asleep. By the time I wake in the morning, those ones are pretty much gone. I know we all dream every night, but it is interesting to have such a long span of remembering my dreams each night. My roommates and I joke that I must get more REM sleep than anyone I know. Sauni believes that sometimes I fall into REM sleep even when I am awake! hehe

I have also had many reminders of how many lost and hurting people there are in the world. People who are desperately searching for something that makes sense. Something that will set them free from the hell that they have been living. It has certainly given a bit of an edge to my prayer life. :-)

Sauni, Becca and I are settled in our new place. We haven't had a house warming yet. Guess we will need to plan one soon. It has a beautiful view from all sides. I wake up each morning looking out on the majestic Koolau mountains. I refuse to put a curtain on that window!

I have decided not to come home for Spring Break in March because I want to work a bit an try to save up some money for traveling this summer. I would still like to travel up the Pacific Coast Hwy. For those of you who live in that area, I would love some tips on cheap, yet clean places to stay along the way. I am also interested in finding info on any ministry groups that meet along the way. I would love to visit as many ministries as I can - churches, small groups, missions, shelters, whatever. I am working on finding a way to visit family in Iowa (and possibly friends in Colorado) before I come back to Hawaii. I am guessing this will all happen in June.

Well, it is 12:15am and I am out of things to say. So I will sign off for now. Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.