Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2007

1/6 Thyroid Biopsy

So I finally got the results of my thyroid biopsy. Guess what? Not conclusive. Apparently they either did not get enough tissue or the tissue was not good enough for them to use for the biopsy. Go figure! Thankfully, the surgeon said that, really, those findings still back up what he suspected. Apparently the non-cancer kind can be rather stingy at giving up pieces of themselves. So, I don't have to redo the biopsy. Yeah for that. However, I do have to go back to having checks every six months for a while. Oh, well. The ultrasound guys at Kuakini are friendly enough.

So, all things considered, not a bad outcome. Although one would think that the least the could do after having put a needle in my thoat multiple times would be to give me a for sure all clear! Ah, well. That has never been the way with my body. It likes to keep the mystery alive . . .

Hope you all had a great first week of 2007!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Well, my family always said no news was good news. Let's hear it for the ignorant who live in bliss!! ;) Good to hear it, though. Sorry it takes the probing to get that much info. Lyndi's tumor continues to slowly shrink. Whew. I was beginning to wonder about her family. Hadn't heard from them in a while, and then Denver got that huge blizzard. But looks like they dug themselves out. :) Take care! --Robin