Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nightmare on Ohe Street

Good day to you. I had an interesting experience today and thought I would share it since it goes so well with the upcoming season. :-) Warning!! Do not read this story if you have arachnophobia!!
Usually I wear slippers to work and then change into tennis shoes when I arrive. Today I decided to change shoes before I went inside. I put my right shoe on and was in the process of putting my left shoe on when I felt something.
I look down and notice an ant on my arm. (Sleep has not been a high priority this week and the less sleep I have, the less my eyes focus, explaining why I didn't notice the problem with my eyes - especially on black shoes) The process of looking at my arm brought my shoe closer to my eyes and I noticed that it was covered with what I thought were ants.
My skin crawled a little, but I figured I could shake them out of my shoe. I took my right shoe off and the ants scattered in different directions. The shoe was soon empty. The critters in my left shoe, however, did not scatter. Upon closer examination, I realized that my left shoe was literally crawling with spiders. Yes, spiders. There were a few ants but the spiders were everywhere. Must have been hundreds of them running around - inside my shoe. Chicken skin anyone? That was strange enough, I thought. But when I searched my backseat for signs of more spiders (after the shoes were tossed out of my car), there were none. It would appear that ALL of the critters had taken residence in my shoes! (Not sure I want to know what that implies!) As I wore my shoes yesterday, I have no idea what happened, but it shook me up - a lot. Who needs horror movies??
Hope you enjoyed my story - it really happened, I will be shopping to replace my shoes this weekend. By the time I got out from work they were missing. Either someone else needed them or the spiders carried them away!

No comments: