Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pondering . . .

Friday at nap time, the ladies at work were talking about the importance, in some cultures, of being pure. Not of heart, but of blood. One race only in the family. Angie, our director, mentioned that they have found scientific evidence that all people have a common ancestor. That started me thinking. In Hawaii we have so many people groups and cultures. Some "pure", most mixed or hapa. As my weekend unfolded, I kept wondering what kind of beautiful and incredible people God must have created. God must have created within Adam and Eve the DNA to produce all shades and colors. I am sure that adaptation has played a part to some extent, but they were the beginning of "recessive genes." ( I think that is the correct term.) Just gives me another reason to look forward to Heaven. What a joy to be able to see the world - and each other - free of sin.
Saturday night, I went to Rumours with a friend. It is a nightclub at Ala Moana Hotel. The were playing retro music and I thought it would be fun to dress retro and go. Originally there were 6 of us going. Ended up being 2, but we did dress up. What a pair we were. My friend dressed up 70s and looked nice. I however, wore a torn sweatshirt and very poofy hair. One small detail that I had not considered was that Ala Moana is one of the nicer hotels. Part of the point of dressing differently was to set ourselves apart from those going for the "meat market" atmosphere. Well, I would say that we were definately set apart! hehe It has been a while since I have been out to a club and this experience was a bit different. People take partying way too seriously. One girl in particular caught my eye repeatedly. Before the 2 hours were over I found myself quietly praying for her.
I remember going to one of my grandpa's weddings. They had a dance afterward. People of all ages were dancing, from toddlers to senior citizens. The music was PG or PG13. I think I like that atmosphere better.
I got to be in church service today. Combining this morning's worship with last night's dancing, I had the somewhat odd desire to twirl in circles in the midst of an open field with worship music playing around me. Later today, I was singing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" This verse caught my attention:
Summer and Winter and Springtime and Harvest. Sun, moon and stars in their courses above. Join with all nature in manifest witness to thy great faithfulness, mercy and love. Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness. Morning by morning, new mercies I see. All I have needed thy hand has provided. Great is thy faithfulness. Lord, unto me.
Many religions today worship creation. I prefer to worship the creator but what a joy to be able to worship the creator with creation - and in the midst of creation. I love to worship and pray outside.
That was my weekend!

No comments: