Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Careful with Me

I was driving today, listening to a CD. I began to worship lightly and found myself in a conversation with God. (Quotes not directly from God's voice - my interpretation only. hehe)

"You trust Me, right?"
"Sure. I am becoming stupidly naive. I believe anything is possible."
"You know I have a plan?"
"You always have a plan. For everything. Everyone."
"I do have a plan. Many of them. But I want to let you in on a secret. I am careful with you."

I sat in my car and pondered that for many minutes. What does it mean that God is careful with me? To me it meant that God does more than have a plan for me. He counts the cost of everything that happens in my life. He weighs which decisions I should make completely on my own and which He is going to speak clearly into - and all of those in between. He knows how each life event will shape me and does not take lightly those that will push me or break me in some way. He is careful with me.

I started to question the pain that some of my friends are going through and just felt peace. I purposefully chose you to share this with. And I pray that God will bless you with that same peace in your journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that Jeannie...that's actually a really cool thought. He is careful with us..
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

wow. that's some amazing insight!

i have felt a number of times that God wasn't going to speak to me about an issue specifically because He wanted me to make the decision on my own. I had thought initially that it was because they were somehow unimportant issues that i put more significance on than was warranted.

But maybe they're not.

Since He knows which way we're going to choose if left to our own devices, it's not like we could royally mess up His master plan anyways - but perhaps part of that is for us to take in all that He *has* told us and what we know about His character and will in general and choose as we feel is best. As I think about it more, I would say that most of the time i probably know what His will is deep in my heart, but often desire that it's really something else. so i say "well, I'm just going to wait and see what God tells me to do and then I'll do it" when the true test is, will i choose His will above mine when it's not a direct command? or I also think... when i truly feel I don't know what He would want me to do, but when I think about one choice i get nasty knots in the pit of my stomach, when i think about the other choice my heart leaps in excitement, and knowing what I know about God and that there are reasons He has given each of us the passions He has, going with the heart leaping is probably the closest to His heart as well :) through this we are given wonderful honor that the Lord of all creation really does treat us like children and not servants. Hallelujah! Amen!

Callie

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie!
Thanks for the email =) I love hearing about your spiritual experiences and the ways you hear from God. You're careful with Him, too!
take care and see you soon!
Kacie