Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Deep Thoughts - or Slightly off color Joke

I received an email forward from my roommate, Sauni, this morning. I included the forward at the bottom of this email so that you can reference it at any time. :-)

The forward is a picture which changes, depending on your perspective - and on which side of your brain happens to be in charge at any given moment. It prompted the question, "I wonder what else we don't see?" It is amazing how much our physical bodies determine our perception. For us who are spiritual minded, it might bring up other, similar questions. It was in thinking about perspectives, etc. that reminded me of a thought that had occurred to me earlier this morning.

I had been thinking about the passage in Genesis where Abraham was walking with God and discussing the fate of Sodom and Gomorrah. It appears that Abraham bargained with God not to destroy the area if there were even 10 righteous. I have heard many discussions around the question, "Can people change God's mind?" using this passage. This morning, I saw it from a different angle.

Surely God does not solve problems in the same way we do. His thought process is most certainly higher than ours. I think God already knew what His decision would be. But He decided to partner with Abraham. He lowered Himself to be seen in human form. Then, without a lick of pride, walked Abraham through what was about to happen, letting Abraham think and talk through the situation.

I was waxing eloquent (ha-ha) to Sauni (roommate), when I said, "It is amazing that our God, who is so big, would come and let us peon people partner with Him in a way that we could relate to. . . "

Sauni never got past the first part of my sentence. She was doubled over laughing. This is what she heard. "It is amazing that God, who is so big, would come and let us pee on people. . ." It is all about perspective! Scroll down to see what started all of this,. :-) Oh, btw, I saw her turning counter-clockwise.

No comments: